ZoomDance Summer Camp
We will be running camp this year in South Philly! More details coming soon, email us if you want to be updated, and please fill out our short SURVEY so we know exactly what you’re looking for this year. To make this possible, we need community support on a couple aspects, details also in the survey.
Dates: July 12 – September 3 (dates not set in stone yet – we could add June)
Ages: 3-7 years
Hours: program 9-3, extra care 8:30-5pm
Location: South Philly
Below are descriptions of our program and schedule. This year we are working to make the following adjustments:
- We will 100% be following or exceeding all CDC and school guidelines for health & safety & cleaning. We will provide KN95 masks to all teachers daily.
- We will move to a new location with easy access to an outdoor space so we can lead classes and have lunch outdoors.
- Podding: We will have a much smaller group and ask parents to commit to a minimum of 1 week, up to 4 weeks, so we do not have cross-over between families. Teachers will also be podded with the group (as in, we’ll have 3 consistent teachers there each day, not a rotating staff.)
- We will not be able to take drop-in kids or last-minute registrations this year. Everyone will register for full-day camp, though an early pickup will be an option if needed.
- The cost of camp will increase due to the restrictions we are under. Scholarships will be available as we continue our commitment to giving access to any family whose child is excited to be part of our program! Please reach out, there is no formal application.
At ZoomDance Camp there’s plenty of space for all kids to expend energy, express themselves and find something new they love.
Mornings are spent exploring a variety of different movement classes, group activities, art projects, dancing and performing. Each day will feature ZoomDance performance workshops and games centered around our favorite stories.
Afternoons we have picnic-style lunch, some quiet and reading time, playground or park trips, and water play some days. We’ll finish the day with big group movement games, an obstacle course, or community circle time.
Our low counselor-to-child ratio means plenty of personalized attention and a great environment for young children and even for a first camp or drop-off experience. Parents receive daily photos and activity updates.
At ZoomDance camp, you are getting top-notch professionals working with your kids all day every day. All our teachers are trained extensively and have years working in early childhood education. Our counselors assisting the teachers are also chosen carefully and trained thoroughly. Everyone on staff is also a professional artist, so you can expect high-quality instruction, creativity, and attuned energy. We value a respectful, empathetic connection with the children so that everyone is included and important. And we strive to create a space for people of all bodies, abilities, races, ethnicities and genders to feel welcome and loved and celebrated, and our staff will reflect this, too.
Our program runs 9am – 3pm daily.
Our extended-care service runs from 8:30 am-5 pm. Extended hours are $5 for morning or $10/hour for the afternoon.
Supplies and Lunch
The cost of ZoomDance camp includes include a daily snack and any supplies needed. Families will pack lunch each day.
Children should wear clothes for moving around comfortably in classes and playing in the park. It’s possible we’ll get messy some days.
For all children we recommend a change of clothing, a water bottle and a backpack to keep their things in. Anything they bring should be labeled with their name.
Small toys or books for quiet time are optional.
Email email@example.com or call (215) 326-9613.