ZoomDance Summer Camp
Dates: July 12 – August 27
Ages: 3-7 years
Hours: program 9am-3pm, extra care 8:30am-5pm
Location: 756 S. 11th Street
Below are descriptions of our program, schedule, values, and safety plans. This year we are working to make the following adjustments:
- We will be following or exceeding all CDC and school guidelines for health, safety, and cleaning. Everyone will be masked indoors and out, with the exception of snack, lunch, and rest. These times we will be outdoors and/or distanced.
- Our new location this year means we can spend extra time outside with access to a couple of parks and a playground. It’s also much bigger, giving us more room to run and play and dance, and plenty of space to socially distance for eating and rest.
- We will limit each camp week to 15 families.
- Each family needs to have at least one child registered for a full week of full-day camp. Younger siblings have the option of half-days or partial weeks. (We can be a little flexible on this full-week full-day policy in weeks which are not sold out.)
- We had to increase the cost of camp this year to support hosting a smaller group in a larger space and with excellently paid staff. Scholarships will be available as we continue our commitment to giving access to any family whose child is excited to be part of our program! Please reach out directly, there is no formal application.
- Our staff will be trained and particularly tuned in to kids’ social/emotional needs, and our curriculum and community building will be intentional in talking about social justice issues.
- For our full set of COVID-19 policies, safety protocols, and changes this year, please visit this page: COVID-19.
At ZoomDance Camp there’s plenty of space for all kids to expend energy, express themselves and find something new they love.
Mornings are spent exploring a variety of different movement classes, group activities, art projects, dancing and performing. Each day will feature ZoomDance performance workshops and games centered around our favorite stories within the weekly theme. There will also be themed invitations for the kids to explore and engage during freeplay times.
Afternoons we have picnic-style lunch, some quiet and reading time, playground or park trips, and water play some days. We’ll finish the day with big group movement games, an obstacle course, or community circle time.
Our low counselor-to-child ratio means plenty of personalized attention and a great environment for young children and even for a first camp or drop-off experience. Parents receive daily photos and activity updates.
July 12-16 Superhero Rescue Mission
July 19-23 Ocean Voyage
July 26-30 The Great Unicorn Search
August 2-6 Olympic Champions
August 9-13 Enchanted Forest
August 16-20 Blast Off to Space
August 23-27 Dinosaur Stampede
At ZoomDance Camp, energetic, compassionate professionals are with your kids all day, every day. All our teachers are trained extensively and have worked in early childhood education for years. Our counselors are chosen carefully and trained thoroughly. From the entire team you can expect high-quality instruction, creativity and attuned energy.
We value a respectful, empathetic connection with the children so that everyone is included and important. We strive to create a space for people of all bodies, abilities, races, ethnicities and genders to feel welcome and loved and celebrated. Our staff embodies this, too.
Programming is from 9am-3pm daily, with early drop off at 8:30am ($5/day) and after care until 5pm ($15/day).
When you enroll, you’ll select which weeks of camp to attend.
Early and late care can be booked at the time of registration or can be added later, up until a week prior to your camp. You’ll be able to select which days you need extra hours; you don’t have to choose the same schedule each day. Any care booked less than a week in advance is only space-permitting, and is an extra $5/day per child.
To minimize exposure, we are limiting the size of our group.
- We will be able to accommodate up to 15 families per week, depending on how many siblings enroll.
- Registrations are for a full week at a time. We are not able to offer drop-ins this year.
- Exception: Younger siblings may enroll in half-day or partial-week camp if the older sibling has registered for the full week / full days.
- Half day: 9am-12pm (or extend to 1pm pickup for $10/day more).
- Partial week: You’ll select which days to attend.
- Teachers will be consistent throughout the week and the summer.
- Children will not be socially distanced all day. Everyone will be wearing masks, but with young children in an active environment, they will be in close proximity. Snacks, lunch, and rest time will be distanced as much as our space permits—and it’s a big, multi-room space this year!
In order for us to properly prepare for each week’s group, registration will close the Monday prior to the start of each new camp week. We do anticipate filling up some if not all weeks this year.
At least one child per family needs to register for the full week rate above. Additional siblings can register for the full week at a discount, for fewer days per week, or for half days. Please register all children in advance; for everyone's safety, we can't accommodate drop-ins this year.
|Weekly (full days)||$325|
|Weekly (half days)||$240|
Payments plans are now available as an option during registration.
|Morning (8:30am drop off)||$5/day|
We never want cost to be the reason a child isn't dancing with us, and have again budgeted to make scholarship funds available. Contact us to work out an arrangement for your family.
At registration you'll have the option to pay just a deposit for each week. The balance will be charged automatically on June 15th. Reach out if you need to establish a different payment plan with us.
- We have a scholarship fund available to families whose budget doesn’t match the rate we need to ask this year. Please reach out to our director, Sarah Camp. No application or financial information is requested.
- If you are in a position to help support our scholarship program, please also reach out!
- We send daily updates and photos of our camp activities so parents can see what we’re learning and playing.
- Clear, direct, accessible communication around any needed policy shifts or COVID-19 developments is essential to us.
- We ask that camp families please not attend large-group gatherings or spend time indoors with multiple unvaccinated adults for a week prior to attending camp, and while their children are with us.
- Talk to your kids ahead of time about mask wearing, washing hands and not sharing germs. We’ll reinforce these topics in fun ways. 🙂
- If there are any specific things your child is working through right now, please tell us ahead of time so we know how to best support them. Everyone is always working on something, and that includes us!
Teachers are the heart of our program. To attract and retain the very best staff, we want to take great care of them so they take great care of your family!
- Significantly increased pay rates across the board
- Providing daily fresh KN95 masks
- Assisting with access to vaccines prior to camp as needed
- Paying for any testing needed through the summer
- Paying for days off if needed for quarantine to whatever extent possible
- Stocking daily snacks and drinks
- Providing lunch on Fridays
- Creating a safe and supportive work environment
- Paying (as always) for all time with ZoomDance, including training, set up, prep, cleaning, meetings, and any additional work outside camp hours. This will include extra training needed in order to make sure everyone understands and is able to comply with all health and safety policies.
- If your child has any disabilities relevant to our time with them, please let us know so we can prepare and make a plan in collaboration with you to best support them.
- Do we need clear masks for lip reading or is there a reason your child can’t wear a mask consistently?
- Does your child plan to attend with a direct service provider?
- Our camp classrooms are on the second floor up a straight set of stairs. If your child uses a mobility device or for any reason cannot traverse stairs independently, let’s figure out a workaround. Our walk to the park or playground has curb cuts the whole way, though it is along Philadelphia sidewalk terrain.
- Does your family need our communications in a language other than English? Do you prefer verbal or written communication? If your child is not comfortable speaking or understanding information in English while at camp, please reach out and let's see what we can do.
ZoomDance has always been committed to creating a space for people of all bodies, abilities, races, ethnicities and genders to feel actively included and appreciated and this year we will expand and continue our work through:
- Decolonizing our bookshelf, seeking an expansive vision of voice and representation
- Practicing listening, supporting and including all voices
- Recognizing, respecting and appreciating all genders, races, bodies and (dis)abilities
- Focusing on one community helper each week (firefighters, social workers, nurses, scientists, climate advocates, etc.)
- Discussing gratefulness and how to show/share it
- Hiring staff who reflect the diversity of our community
- Putting in place a system of mutual accountability and growth around social justice and anti-racism for our team
- Building a robust scholarship program with easy access
ZoomDance will be adhering to or exceeding all CDC guidelines for working with young kids, as well as following any additional parameters in place in the city of Philadelphia. We will continue monitoring any changes to recommendations and adjusting as needed, always with clear communication here on our site and sent directly to enrolled families.
- Everyone will wear masks all day, both indoors and outside, as recommended by the CDC.
- Drop off and pickup will happen outdoors.
- All people (adults and children) entering the building will be required to have a health check each day, including having their temperature taken.
- We will engage in frequent hand washing for children and adults, especially on arrival, when using the bathroom, and before eating.
- We will be spending more time outside than we did in previous years. We have chosen a location well-situated between local parks and playgrounds.
- Windows will be open when the weather permits and we will be using HEPA air filters throughout the space.
- We have specialized cleaning products as recommended by the CDC to comply with cleaning and sanitizing guidelines. Cleaning and sanitizing will happen throughout the day on high-touch surfaces, shared materials, bathrooms, etc. Thorough cleaning of the space will take place every evening as well.
- We have clear policies, in compliance with CDC guidelines, on our response to COVID exposure, including isolating children or adults with symptoms, alerting all families, and shutting down for quarantine as necessary. Families will receive this information in their welcome packet.
- We will institute extra staff training as needed in order to make sure all staff understand and are able to comply with all health and safety policies.
The cost of ZoomDance camp includes a daily snack and any supplies needed. Families should pack their own lunch each day.
Children should wear clothes for moving around comfortably in classes and playing in the park. We might get messy some days!
For all children we recommend a change of clothing, a water bottle, and a backpack to keep their things in. Anything they bring should be labeled with their name.
Please have them arrive with a mask on, and pack at least two extra masks in their bag.
Small toys or books for quiet time are optional.
- If we have to close due to pandemic restrictions, we give full refunds.
- Families may cancel their registration up until June 14th and receive a full refund.
- Cancelations up until 2 weeks prior to your camp week are eligible for 75% refund.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 326-9613